I must say, 'cartoon skip' does not do what I thought it would do.

fetch 1RV1
cartoon skip, i. 55
# now a helix section is turned into a loop
cartoon skip, i. 56
# now there is a break, but two non-helix ends
cartoon skip, i. 57
# now there is a break, with two non-helix ends

I guess I understand the idea that in PyMOL a cartoon is like a bond --
between two elements rather than being associated with one (perhaps?) --
but why change the helix to a loop before it ends? Is there a way around
that?

Bob

--
Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900