Hi,
I'm new to Pymol and am looking at the structure of pepsinogen (PDB: 3psg).
This protein contains a 44 residue prodomain, which the pdb file says is
assigned an insertion code 'P' and labelled 1 - 44. This prodomain is cleaved
to yield pepsin (5pep), whose sequence is labelled 1 - 326. I gather Pymol
should be able to see these as separate parts of the sequence, but it instead
seems to interleave the sequences - I don't know if this affects the structure
or not? Other programs (Chimera) show the sequence as it should be
(P1-44...1-326).
Is there a way to have the sequence parts recognised in the sequence viewer?
This would make it much easier for me to manipulate these sections. Please let
me know if I haven't been clear.
Thanks,Nick.