Hi Nidhi -

The “Align” feature in the GUI uses PyMOL's `align` command, which performs a
sequence alignment to use as the basis for structural alignment.  It only uses
those residues which match exactly, which can throw off the RMSD.  Try using
`super` or `cealign` instead, which are structural alignments.  For example,
assuming you have named selections for your active site residues:

super active_site_1, active_site_2

With `super`, the first selection is mobile, and is superimposed onto the
second selection.  For `cealign`, switch the order of the arguments.

http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Super
http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Cealign

Cheers,
Jared

(Also, sorry for the duplicate message—I forgot to Reply All the first time.)
--
Jared Sampson
Xiangpeng Kong Lab

On Aug 9, 2014, at 6:12 AM, Nidhi Jatana