Hi Yeping -

I’m unable to reproduce the behavior you’re seeing—using your commands in Open
Source PyMOL 1.7.2.0, I get the whole capsid displayed properly as a cartoon.
What version of PyMOL are you using?

You could also try using the `all_states` setting instead:

fetch 3j2v, type=pdb1, async=0
set all_states, 1
orient
as cartoon