Hi Shoeib -

It’s hard to say exactly what you need, because it will vary depending on your
specific case.

If you’re looking for the change in a hinge angle between two structures of
multi-domain proteins A and B, you can first superimpose domain 1 of B to
domain 1 of A, get the matrix of B, superimpose domain 2 of B to domain 2 of A,
get the second matrix, then use
transformation.py<http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Transformations> to
calculate the axis and angle of that transformation.  Also see this thread
http://sourceforge.net/p/pymol/mailman/message/25398209/ for more info.

If it has a standard hinge definition, perhaps something like the elbow
angle<http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Elbow_angle> of antibody Fab
fragments, you may be able to calculate it directly from one structure, but,
again, the details of that calculation will depend on your specific protein.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jared

--
Jared Sampson
Xiangpeng Kong Lab

On Nov 2, 2014, at 10:02 PM, Shoeib Moradi