Hi Jacob,

If you have the right mix of display drivers and Pymol version, you can try
GLSL shaders.

http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/GLSL_Shaders

Unfortunately, it does not work flawlessly across platforms and I have not
invested any more time figuring it out because the shader system in Pymol still
appears to be a work-in-progress.

Best,
Shiven

Shivender Shandilya,
Senior Post-Doc,
Schiffer Lab,
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Pharmacology,
University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Worcester, MA 01605.