Hi,
I'm having some trouble using CGO spheres. When I create one, it is not visible in the viewer, although there is an (apparently empty) object in the object pane. It is somewhat confusing because with some parameters the spheres ARE visible when ray tracing, although they are still not visible when non ray traced.

I have not had this problem in the past, although I haven't tried in a while (> 1 year). I am using pymol v1.7.4.0 which is up to date from the SVN repository (revision 4107). And I am on Ubuntu 14.04. I reproduced this problem on another computer running 1.7.x.

To reproduce:

pymol -k #to eliminate setting in the .pymolrc

In pymol:
from pymol.cgo import *

sph1 = [BEGIN, ALPHA, 0.5, COLOR, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, SPHERE, -3.818, -28.181, -15.016, 0.5]
cmd.load_cgo(sph1, "sph1", 1)

This loads a seemingly empty object that is not visible when ray tracing.

Setting the Alpha parameter to 1.0 allows it to be visible when ray tracing, but not under normal conditions.

sph2 = [BEGIN, ALPHA, *1.0***, COLOR, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, SPHERE, -3.818, -28.181, -15.016, 0.5]
cmd.load_cgo(sph2, "sph2", 1)

Do you have any idea what the problem might be or settings that I could check?

Thanks,
Matt Baumgartner