Hi Yeping Sun,

In such cases, I usually use light colors with little contrast (white,
wheat, grey, pastel) for the surroundings (on a white background) and
bright, contrasting colors (chartreuse, orange, hotpink, marine) for what
you want to highlight. In addition, you may want to play around with
transparency.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:02 AM, sunyeping <sunyep...@aliyun.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> In order to emphasize local interactions of several residues within a
> protein, I want to highlight these studied residues but make other residues
> vague and being as background. The setting "set fog, on" doesn't help much
> because the constrast between the studied residues and other residues is
> not strong. Could you help me with this problem? With many thanks.
>
> Yeping Sun
>
> Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.