Hi Darya and Carsten,

The "regular display mode" (real-time OpenGL graphics) does take lights into
account, and their position can be updated in real-time. A neat way to play
around with lights is in lights mouse mode (new in PyMOL 1.5).

From the menu, select "Mouse > 3 Button Lights"

Now hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard, press the left mouse button and
drag (just like rotating the molecule, but now it rotates the light position).
The "edit_light" setting controls which light get updated.

The effect is most obvious with spheres representation.

Note that "light_count=2" corresponds to one specular light, the first light is
ambient only.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer