Hey Folmer,

You can check if '-c' not in invocation._argv
Of course, you'd also need to check combinations, so it would be matching
-.*c.* on the elements in _argv.

There probably is a way to check for the GUI directly though.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Folmer Fredslund <folm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to check if a .pml is being run in
> command line mode (pymol -c), i.e. without the GUI.
>
> The reason I'm asking, is because I am making some scripts for figures,
> and save the representations as scenes. It would be nice to both be able
> to view them (running the .pml normally) and also make raytraced png's
> when the .pml is being run in commandline mode.
>
> Best regards,
> Folmer Fredslund

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.