You can automate generating the bump objects:

split_states *,prefix=split_
for n in cmd.get_object_list("(split_*)"): show_bumps(n, "bump_"+n);

However, unfortunately the bump cgo objects don't seem to be able to be
combined into a multi-state object (e.g. with `for n in
cmd.get_object_list("(split_*)"):
cmd.create("bumps","bump_"+n,target_state=-1)`). Thus you might have to
generate your movie using some python loops to enable/disable the bumps for
each frame, if you want to automate it.

-Spencer