Hi Blaine,

I confirm, this is a regression bug in PyMOL 1.6.

This will only happen when using PyMOL commands, not when doing the same thing
with a Python script. Here is an equivalent replacement for your alias:

python
from pymol import cmd, preset
@cmd.extend
def q1():
    cmd.reinitialize()
    cmd.fetch('3v6d', 'HIVrt', type='pdb')
    preset.ball_and_stick("c. P and i. 822")
    cmd.zoom('c. P and i. 822')
    cmd.rock()
python end

--