I think this is related to the question about view setting.  I rewrote the png
command (see below) to simultaneously output my image, but also output the
entire matrix and viewport with same name as the image but with filetype .vew.
That file can then be run with “@“ to recall the view.  The output file also
contains the name of the .pse file.  If one wants this per scene rather than
image, I assume one can rewrite the scene command too.

from pymol import cmd
import os
import re
import string
# import selector

def __init__(self):
        cmd.extend('png',mypng)

def mypng(fname, quiet=1):
        r = 1
        format = 'vew'
        cmd.png(fname, dpi=300, quiet=0)
        sname = fname
        if re.search("\.png$",fname):
         fname = re.sub("\.png$","",fname)
        fname = fname + ".vew"
        fname = os.path.expanduser(fname)
        fname = os.path.expandvars(fname)
        f=open(fname,"w")
        st=cmd.get("session_file")
        f.write("#Session file: " + st + "\n")
        f.write("#View matrix for " + sname + ".png" + "\n")
        st = cmd.get_view(output=3)
        f.write(st)
        f.write("#Viewport when rendered:" + "\n")
        st=cmd.get_viewport(output=3)
        f.write(st)
        f.close()
        return r

cmd.extend('png',mypng)

Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry, U-M Medical School
Room 3220B, MSRB III   sa...@umich.edu   +1 (734) 764-3353