Dear pymol-users,

I'm still learning how to use pymol to do basic things.
At present, I'm working with a nucleic acid molecule that is colored by
sequence domains (each domain is a different objet). All the domains are
displayed in the cartoon mode, with backbone as dumbbell and
cartoon_ring_finder,0  (no nucleobases or riboses displayed). Now, I would like
to display only the first residue of one of the domains as
cartoon_ring_finder,2 (ring only for nucleobases) and then color it  entirely
(dumbbell + ribose stick + base ring) with a different color from the rest of
the domain sequence.  The problem is that it does not work !

I tried to copy that nucleotide into a new objet to manipulate it independently
but all the arguments I write in the command line do not apply to it, nothing
is changing on the screen. The only thing that works is the menu on the right,
use the objet line corresponding to this residue, display it entirely as sticks
and then change the color of the sticks. But that's not what I need!

Do you have any ideas how to display the desired nucleotide?

Many thanks in advance,

Maria