Hi Johan and Casper,

You can create a menu above the mouse mode panel by writing a wizard. There is
no API documentation for wizards, so you have to learn from existing wizards as
examples.

You can create an external menu or panel with Tkinter and/or Pmw. See for
example eMovie as an example for a button panel, or BNI Tools for a multi-level
menu.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer