Sorry to post back in.

As I posted yesterday ,  I have been trying to get pymol working on a
Macbook Air ( and MacBook Pro since yesterday ) and am now convinced the
X11 apps freezing problem is real and recurs frequently.

While rotating a molecule the X session stops responding , the window close
- window open-window minimize , red yellow green buttons gray out and then
the whole session freezes

I see this behavior on two machines I have tried using since my original
machine where everything was working but with an earlier brew installed
pymol ( 1.7.2 I think ) bit the dust.

IS anyone else seeing this with 1.8.2.1 and OSX?

Thanks
hari

I have used homebrew to install pymol version 1.8.2.1