Hi,

I am using the cmd.load_coords function in my script, which does the following:

1-do some calculations with coordinates. I want to use the new coordinates as
input for another program, for which I only have an executable that reads .pdb
files. So my approach is:
2-Use load_coords to apply the new set of coordinates (numpy array) to a pymol
object
3-Write this object out as .pdb and use as input for other program
4-get result
5-do some other stuff

In principle, this seems to work - but:

I am using multiprocessing with 10 processes. Most times that I run the script,
8 or 9 processes run fine but one or two simply stop doing anything at step 2.
I found that this line is the culprit:
cmd.load_coords(complex, "complex”)
….

This also happens about once in 10 runs when I use just 1 process.

It seems that the function sometimes does not return any result - any idea why
this happens?

Thank you and all the best,
Gregor