Hi all,

Pymol 2.0 was recently announced and since I had not built one from scratch in a long time I thought I would do so to see how the process had changed. Downloaded source from:

  svn://svn.code.sf.net.p/p/pymol/code/trunk/pymol

and built it. There was a little problem with "msgpack" on Ubuntu, where the OS package was too old, eventually having to install that from source and modify setup.py like this:

< f = os.path.join(prefix, 'local', 'include', 'msgpack', 'version_master.h')
---
f = os.path.join(prefix, 'include', 'msgpack', 'version_master.h')

so that it could find the local build. Then Pymol built and installed. However, what version is it???

The text when it starts says

 PyMOL(TM) Molecular Graphics System, Version 1.9.0.0.

the splash screen says

 Open Source Pymol 1.8.x

I was actually expecting 2.0, given the release announcement.

Can somebody please clarify the situation?

Thanks,

David Mathog
mat...@caltech.edu