Hi Roja,

This could be useful for you:
18 Nov 2017, NME and ACE capping from script
https://www.mail-archive.com/pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg14812.html

I couldn't quite follow your description, which interface were you using? The
"Builder" panel? The following works for me:
1) Click "Builder" button in the upper right
2) Click "Protein" tab
3) Click "NMe"
4) Click on the last C atom (C-terminus)

If there is an OXT atom, remove that first (e.g. with: "remove name OXT")

Hope that helps.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer