Hi Markus and Joel,

Would something like this address your needs?

# show metal contacts
distance metalcoordination, metals, (donors acceptors), 3.5, label=0
# show metals as semi-transparent spheres
show spheres, metals
set sphere_transparency, .5
# show the metal neighbors as lines
show lines, byres (all within 3.5 of metals)

The "metals" selector was added in PyMOL 1.6.1.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer