Hi Markus,

I recommend to use Python 3. The PyMOLWiki has updated versions of those two
failing scripts:

https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Pairwise_distances
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Polarpairs

I don't know why there would be no menu bar with Python 2.7. But if Python 3
works for you, I think there is no need to figure that out.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer