Hi Jared,

So COLLADA exports some kind of already rendered 3D image.

Took me some time to figure out if dump exports the map points or something
specific to the surface representation. In fact, it is yet to be figured
out.

Dump can export at least map and surface objects.

When I export two different overlapping surfaces of the same map there is
points of the outer surface that aren't in the inner. I expected all points
of the inner to be present in both dumps.

So I guess that when I dump surface objects it exports newly created points
of the enclosed volume of that surface. Is it correct?

To export the map directly would preserve the original points? (Which I
hope to be the original grid count of the server's method)

Is overlap is defined for map objects?

Sorry maybe I'm not saying very clear.

And about the get_volume_field(), if I remember correctly it returned on a
call an ndarray of shape (28, 26, 15) and on other call an ndarray of shape
(28, 28, 16). Something like that.

Cheers,