Hello Vaheh

Antibody structures are a mess to renumber, both due to the many different
numbering schemes used in different structures, and to some older files not
even adhering to pub standards, using the alternative localisation columns for
the insertion letters specified by Kabat or Chothia nomenclature. That's why I
titled my own contribution to the mess "Yet another numbering scheme ..."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/2530255_Yet_Another_Numbering_Scheme_for_Immunoglobulin_Variable_Domains_An_Automatic_Modeling_and_Analysis_Tool/stats

For mass renumbering of antibody variable domains, I actually use some homemade
EXCEL Visual Basic macros that extract the sequences from the coordinates into
a sequence alignment, and then renumber the pub files from the alignment.

If I had to do it in PyMOL, I would do it in multiple steps process: I would
first change the numbering to sequential numbering, allowing me to then clear
the insertion letters (resv or alt), then change the numbering to my own (AHo)
scheme by shifting the numbering of each segment by adding the appropriate
constant, starting with the most C-terminal segment to avoid problems due to
duplicate residue numbers.

I would offer to send you my macro collection, but right now I am in the middle
of fixing a number of things that broke due to the update to EXCEL 2019, so I
have to ask you for patience.

best regards

Annemarie Honegger

Hi Vaheh,

I susoect that your issue is an edge case for PyMOL.
The resi variable is limited to integers (see
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Property_Selectors).
Atoms with letters in the resi field are invisible to PyMOL.

You could write a python script to preprocess the coordinates, run the script
from within PyMOL, and  then reload the modified coordinates into PyMOL.
It might be more expedient to use pdb_set from ccp4,
antibody_numbering_converter.macosclangrelease in rosetta, or biopython.

Best regards,

Blaine

PS Half of our students work in OMRF labs. Our interactions with OMRF are as
close as ever.

Blaine Mooers, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
College of Medicine
S.L. Young Biomedical Research Center (BRC) Rm. 466
975 NE 10th Street, BRC 466
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-5419