Try installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads>

Christoph

On 10/23/2020 8:11 PM, Dr. Vijay Masand wrote:
Hello PyMOL users
I installed open source PyMOL 2.4 (Python 3.7) on Windows 10 (64 bit).
It strated without any problem when the icon was double clicked.But when I tried to use it from IDLE (PYTHON 3.7- 64bit), it showed following error:
"ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found."

To find a solution, I installed Pymol 2.4 with Python 3.8, but Pymol did not start at all. Then, I tried Pymol 2.4 with Python 3.9 also, again PyMOL 2.4 did not start at all. Finally, I tried Python 2.7 (using PyMOL 2.0), it worked perfectly and was running from IDLE, as well.

I need help to remove the error
"ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found."
to run PyMOL 2.4 with Python 3 using IDLE?

Thanks in advance.

With Warm Regards
*Dr. Vijay H. Masand*
Department of Chemistry,
Vidya Bharati College, Amravati, 444 602
Maharashtra, India.
Phone number- +91-9403312628
https://sites.google.com/site/vijaymasand/ <https://sites.google.com/site/vijaymasand/>