Dear colleagues,

We are very glad to announce the first version of PyVibMS -- a PyMOL plugin
designed to visualize vibrations in molecules and solids, and the code has
been deposited in GitHub (https://github.com/smutao/PyVibMS).

PyVibMS has two major functionalities

   - Visualize the structure of molecules and solids (with lattice vector
   information), chemical bonding will be automatically detected based on
   distance
   - Animate vibrations with or without arrows, these animations can be
   exported via PyMOL's encoder interface

Current version of PyVibMS can natively process the vibrational analysis
result calculated by (1) Gaussian 09/16, (2) Q-Chem, (3) CRYSTAL17 and (4)
VASP. Other quantum chemical packages are supported in a generic way with a
formatted mode input file.

This plugin used a cgo-arrow script (
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Cgo_arrow) made by Dr. Thomas Holder. And
we also like to thank other PyMOL developers who made this plugin based on
PyQT possible.

If you find PyVibMS plugin useful in your research, please cite our work "Tao,
Y., et al., J. Mol. Model. 2020, 26, 290
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00894-020-04508-z>". If you
have any comments and suggestions, we are more than happy to hear your
thoughts.

Best regards,

Y. Tao