Hi Neena,

When you render out of PyMOL using the button (not the command line), it just
renders out the view window. Therefore if you make the helix fill the entire
viewport rectangle, you will effectively render out a ‘cropped” image.

If you turn on transparency (in the background setting), you will no longer
have a background to worry about as PyMOL will render just the helix on
transparency.

Adam