Hello,

I have generated a Polder/omit map in Phenix and am trying to visualize in
Pymol to make a figure for publication. The issue is that the feature I want to
see is cut in half because it is on the edge of the unit cell. Is there a way
to solve this? I am wondering if you can generate maps to symmetry mates which,
when combined, would show the complete feature?

Another issue is that the maps generated in Phenix (or CCP4 or Coot) do not
align with the pdb in Pymol. I have been generating enough symmetry mates in
Pymol to expand into the map area and then deleting all unwanted molecules.
This normally isn't a big deal, but I am working with 36 complexes in the ASU
and far distances between the map and the pdb positions, and it's really
bogging down my computer. I'd love to figure out a way to have the map align
with the pdb.

Thank you

Kathryn Finton, PhD
kfin...@fhcrc.org<mailto:kfin...@fhcrc.org>
206.667.2801 (Desk)
206.667.5588 (Lab)

[https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/wJKoE0y9yp3v5Q-EruldC9J-xStNHXG75wWe9a0yZ0TmX0wxV_164sCCwXN1pxeGRVvn2CMg1D-ciTorD_5h4FrequL3xYICSYjSnx4BNJ2wUdSGSnVkyl_1VmTcWCBDF6miGKM=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.fredhutch.org/content/dam/public/email-signatures/2/fred_hutch_logo.png]<http://www.fredhutch.org/>
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Ave. N.
Weintraub bldg, B3-183
Seattle, WA 98109