> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 12:32:19 +0000
> From: Xiao Yin Lee <xiaoyin....@kuleuven.be>
> To: "pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net"
>       <pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: [PyMOL] show cartoon mode failed
>
> [cid:9f729fc7-e472-42fe-ac95-f7fff9d9bce2]Hi
>

> Dear,
>

> I would like to perform the show cartoon command. And everything seems to
> turn to no color as above. I have tried to change the colour to default but
> it doenst work. Could you please help?
>
> Is that anyway to reset the color?
>

> Thank you?

By default, the cartoon takes its colours from the color of the C alpha atoms
at the time when you generate the cartoon. You can change the atom colors later
on without changing the cartoon color.
You can also change the cartoon color with "set cartoon_color“
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Cartoon_color

Annemarie Honegger