Hello Peter,

Which Linux distribution are you using?  If you are using one of the
Debian-based versions like Ubuntu, then PyMOL is likely available in the
distribution's repository.  Then you could use the package management system to
install it or simply type in a terminal window:

  sudo apt-get install pymol

Depending on which distribution you are using there may be other steps involved
to allow it to find PyMOL.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Undergraduate Chair (Acting), Biochemistry Program