Dear Susanna,

in addition to MD calculations I suggest you to perform a check on your mutated protein. Circular dichroism is a simple technique that allows to monitor the global fold of your protein.

Mutating a residue may affect the folding and this seems an underestimated problem in the literature.

Best,

Marco Sette