Hello PyMOL Community,

After a three-year hiatus of the Warren L. Delano Memorial PyMOL
Fellowship, we are once again reopening applications to prospective fellows.

More information, including directions on completing the application
process, can be found on our website at pymol.org/fellowship .

Next, as many of you have noticed, it has been quite some time since we’ve
even released a maintenance patch. Going forward, we will work diligently
to get these updates in your hands at a much quicker cycle. Barring any
major unforeseen obstacles, we will upload maintenance releases onto the
PyMOL website and conda approximately once per month starting this week
with version 2.5.3.

As we are looking forward to the future of PyMOL, we have identified major
components that require either improvement in its appearance,
discoverability, and/or functionality. Thus, for the past several months,
we’ve been working hard to address those to ensure that PyMOL is software
that meets the needs and standards of the molecular visualization
community. We believe that the newest set of features offered are worthy of
a new chapter in PyMOL; therefore, expect 3.0 as the upcoming major version
for PyMOL. Stay tuned for more details on our website about PyMOL 3.0 and
our future roadmap later this year.

Best,

PyMOL Development Team
--

*Jarrett Johnson* | Senior Developer, PyMOL