On 29 September 2017 at 16:51, Sorin Sbarnea <ssbar...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I already said that I am willing to help with that and I could start by
> doing few reviews (no permissions to perform them now).

I already suggested contributing improvements to the test suite, so we
get to a point where the risks of regressions aren't as high as they
are currently.

But feel free to review any of the existing open issues - you can
contribute comments, make suggestions, recommend closure of invalid or
out of date issues, lots of things, and you don't need formal reviewer
privileges to do so. You'll have to manage people's expectations when
they want an immediate fix but a committer isn't available to merge a
PR, or there's no planned date for a new release to offer them. I
guess you will understand where they are coming from, which should
help :-)

> PS. I find but weird the fact that it was much easier to contribute the same
> fix to Python core than to virtualenv.

Python core *explicitly* only supports a limited set of platforms (see
PEP 11 for an overview). Maybe virtualenv should do similar, but I'm
not aware that we do. Also, Python has many more core developers, and
a much more extensive test suite. And a buildbot fleet to run tests on
multiple platforms. Maybe some of those things help.

Paul