Hi,
I've spent last hours reading sources in the rpython directory, trying to deeper understand how lltypesystem and ootypesystem work: I've noticed that the low level representations of strings and lists are the same in both typesystem.

My question is: is it a design choice or nobody has not refactored that part, yet?

I think that if a target natively supports classes and other object oriented constructs probably it supports strings and sequences, too, so we should try to use these facilities as much as possible.

I don't remember which people are working on ootypesystem, but if they agree I could try to refactory such things.

If I have understood the source well I should begin by adding 'rlist' and 'rstr' to the list of lazily imported modules in rpython.typesystem.TypeSystem, shouldn't I?

thanks for the attention

ciao Anto