On Dec 3, 2006, at 2:41 PM, Douglas S. Blank wrote:

The short story is that you can get updated versions of Pyro from cvs:

http://pyrorobotics.org/?page=PyroDeveloperCVS

Glad to hear you've figured this out :-)! (When playing w/various configurations, I have occasionally seen robots outside of their world's bounding box and wondered what was up.)

What is the intended model for updating?

Do we need to rerun "python configure" and "make install" (and something similar for the cluster tool and any other stuff installed by hand) each time we download new CVS code?

Is it always the case that we're better off w/the latest CVS code (as opposed to one of the earlier tarballs that is available at the download link page? Recall I had originally downloaded a stale tarball using that 2nd route). I guess what I'm really asking is how stable the latest CVS version is (esp wrt using it in the classroom).

Thanks,

--b