On 8/31/22 18:17, Gordon L. Kindlmann wrote:

On Aug 31, 2022, at 2:36 AM, Cristián Maureira-Fredes
<cristian.maureira-fre...@qt.io> wrote:

You can check this example
that implements eventFilter
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/examples/network/googlesuggest
 (see googlesuggest.py)

Thanks for that suggestion; that's more useful than the other example I ran
across:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/133106/installeventfilter-not-working-on-pyside6
which puts the event filter at the application level, rather than for a single
widget.

But I have the feeling that this content represents some incomplete translation
of C++ code ...

Yeah, indeed that's one of the wrongly translated snippets,
because the process is automated. Could you please open a bug report to fix it?

Sure, can you point out how to open such a bug report?
I didn't see any links on the documentation page in question.

Usually we put the community-focused content on the Public Wiki,
and we leave the documentation for tutorials, examples, and API comments.

When you go to pyside.org you will reach the public wiki,
where you can get:
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python/Reporting_Bugs

Thanks,
Gordon