Hi all,

Till now I have only used pyinstaller for distribution of PySide apps, but I
would like to use primarily Flatpak in the future. I can't find anything in the
way of documentation for how to do this, only a few examples on various forums
of people struggling to make it work.

Are there any plans to develop an easy way for developers to deploy PySide6
Flatpaks?

PyQt for example provides a "BaseApp" on Flathub that simplifies the creation
of Flatpaks of PyQt apps by bundling the bindings and so on. (Electron apps are
supported by a similar "BaseApp".) In combination with the org.kde.Platform
runtime for Qt and other libraries this means deployment of a PyQt app as a
Flatpak is pretty simple, see
https://develop.kde.org/docs/getting-started/python/pyqt-flatpak/ this example
from KDE. I prefer to use PySide – is there any chance of a similar sort of
tool being made for PySide6?

Alternatively, pyside6-deploy and Nuitka seem pretty useful for making
performant binaries and I wonder if something similar could be made available
for use in flatpak-builder and Flathub deployment.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Matt