* Floris Bruynooghe <f...@devork.be> [2016-07-15 15:29:18 +0100]:
> On 14 July 2016 at 23:45, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's mainly Floris, Oliver and me that are the hold up right? Removing
> > reinterpret assert and 2x docs.
>
> Reinterpret is now removed as of this morning!  I should do one more
> PR with some doc updates.  Is that fine to do against current docs in
> the repo for the doc-reorg?
>
> The milestone (https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/milestone/2) has a
> lot of things still outstanding.  I'm happy to postpone, we could aim
> for the end of the EuroPython sprints?  (although I won't be around
> for that weekend)  Or maybe a week later even as sprints probably
> introduce some instability.  So I'd say aim for 1st August maybe?

I think I've mentioned it in the past: We should postpone anything
which is not a breaking change to 3.1, we have more than enough
awesome stuff for 3.0 already.

I think nobody took a look at the issues - we have simple feature
proposals from 2012 in there, sho, should they really block 3.0?

Ronny, things like "Support for Python 3.4 unittest subtests" or "drop
argparse" are marked as "critical" (mostly by you) - what's so
critical about them? To me, critical would imply we can under no
circumstances release 3.0 without that. "pytest deletes my project
files" would be critical. Feature proposals (sometimes years old)
really aren't...

> Speaking of the EuroPython sprints, is anybody going to be there to
> organise a py.test sprint?  Raphael might still be (but then he might
> want to defect to cookiecutter), Florian as well not sure about
> others?  Anyone want to volunteer leading a sprint?

I'll be there on Saturday and maaaybe Sunday morning, but chances are
I'm going to sprint on pylint again.

Florian

--
http://www.the-compiler.org | m...@the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)