* Ronny Pfannschmidt <rpfan...@redhat.com> [180130 08:05 +0100]:
> the alt_spellings is actually a list of wrong spellings that triggers
> errors - the reason being that the word as different spellings in
> british and american English

The whole list is, yes -- in the case of that PR, it's making an alias
for two American English spellings of the same word. My point was that
if it's causing enough confusion to warrant code that checks for other
spellings to give a warning, it should be changed.

> if we actually change the word i would like to see something
> completely different, not just some  short-cutting

I think params is a good choice, as it's a common abbreviation and is
used in other places in pytest. What would you suggest?