Hi All,

Too many people in the Python community *still* think the only way to work with Excel files in Python is using COM on Windows.

To try and correct this, I'm giving a tutorial at this year's EuroPython conference in Birmingham, UK on Monday, 29th June that will cover working with Excel files in Python using the pure-python libraries xlrd, xlwt and xlutils.

I'll be looking to cover:

- Reading Excel Files

  Including extracting all the data types, formatting and working with
  large files.

- Writing Excel Files

  Including formatting, many of the useful frilly extras and writing
  large excel files.

- Modifying and Filtering Excel Files

  A run through of taking existing Excel files and modifying them in
  various ways.

- Workshop for your problems

  I'm hoping anyone who attends will get a lot out of this! If you're
  planning on attending and have a particular problem you'd like to work
  on in this part of the tutorial, please drop me an email and I'll try
  and make sure I come prepared!

All you need for the tutorial is a working knowledge of Excel and
Python, with a laptop as an added benefit, and to be at EuroPython this year:

http://www.europython.eu/

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk