> On Dec 6, 2017, at 5:39 PM, Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:
>

> Therefore, we should strive to attract more contributors in the hope
> that the number of core developers selected out of those contributors
> will also increase.

Some very good discussion and points are being made here.

Bravo to Victor (and Ezio as well as others) for taking the initiative to
foster contributors and recognizing / thanking them for their contributions. I
think what Antoine pointed out about having the tools / permissions to be
effective at contributing in whatever capacity is also very important.

Having recognition without the tools or tools without recognition isn't
optimal. Having both leads to the greatest likelihood for future contributions
from an individual. Feeling valued and being effective are both critical to
keeping a contributor engaged in the community.