On May 23, 2018, at 09:13, Ned Deily <n...@python.org> wrote:
> On May 23, 2018, at 07:45, Serhiy Storchaka <storch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to add yet one beta instead?
>> CI was broken for few latest days, tests are not passed on my computer still
>> (and fail on some buildbots), updating What's New exposed new features which
>> need additional testing (and maybe fixing or reverting), and I'm not
>> comfortable about some changes which would be harder to fix after the
>> release.
> it is possible but there's no point in doing either another beta or a release
> candidate until we understand and address the current blocking issues, like
> the major buildbot failures.  We have another 24 hours until rc1 was planned
> to be tagged.  Let's keep working on the known issues and we will make a
> decision then.

An update: thanks to a lot of effort over the past day by a number of
people (including Victor, Serhiy, Christian, Zach, and others I'm sure
I'm forgetting - my apologies), we have addressed all of the "release
blocker" issues and all but one of the persistent failures on the 3.7
stable buildbots. We should have the couple of remaining "deferred
blockers" including the remaining stable buildbots in green status by
later today. At that point, we will be ready to tag 3.7.0rc1 and begin
producing the release candidate artifacts.

So this *is* really your last chance: if you know of any true releasing
blocking issues for 3.7.0, you have about 12 more hours to log it in
the bug tracker as a "release blocker". I'll send out an email once we
start the release manufacturing. Any merges to the 3.7 branch after
that will be released in 3.7.1 which we tentatively are planning to
ship sometime before the end of July (< 2018-07-31). If you do find a
critical problem in 3.7.0rc1 that you think needs to be fixed in 3.7.0,
please merge a fix into 3.7 (and other appropriate branches), leave the
issue open and marked as "release blocker", and add a note why you
think the fix needs to be cherry-picked into 3.7.0.

More later today!

--Ned

P.S. To address a few of the earlier comments on this thread:

Antoine: > Also there's https://bugs.python.org/issue33612 which
appears quite critical.

Resolved

Victor: > Can someone please have a look at my socketserver change?

Reviewed and merged

Victor: > I looked at buildbots and I confirm that many of the 3.x
buildbots are red:

Yes, but it's the 3.7 buildbots that are of interest now, not the 3.x
ones :) And, as noted above, I believe we have cleaned up (or will
shortly) the remaining 3.7 stable buildbot failures. Coincidentally,
we've also fixed some of the 3.x (master -> 3.8) buildbots.

Victor: > Ah, Python doesn't compile on Windows anymore :-)

Stale files on one of the Windows buildbots -> cleaned up

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []