Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Nicolas Lehuen wrote:

As for the MySQL implementation

I'd stay away from anything vendor-specific in mod_python, because then the question becomes why not a postresql, why not oracle, etc.

Any objection to just a SqlSession base class? It seems to me the hard part is session locking anyway, whereas the do_load / do_save would be fairly easy for users to override in their own derived class.

It's not like I have a burning desire for a SQL backend. I was just curious to see the relative performance of using files vs MySQLdb.

Jim