Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Jim Gallacher wrote:

Any objection to just a SqlSession base class?

May be - it depends on how complex it becomes. Any attempts I've to generalize SQL/DB stuff tend to become a mess since there are no firm standards in this area, so this just may be something for the "contrib" (or whatever it ends up being), like Nicolas pointed out.

I'm a little concerned about staying focused on closing the last bugs so that we get to a point where a release can be made, since there hasn't been one in such a long time...

I was not actually proposing a SqlSession class for 3.2.0. I just want to finish off the last couple of issues of FileSession for this release, and catalog the SqlSession idea as a possible future feature.

It really would be helpful if everyone could read minds. Maybe we could put a mind-reading feature in 3.3? :) Although that might push 3.3's release back to 2020. And could it be made thread safe...

Regards,
Jim