Actually it seems that this is yet another case of trying to get
mod_python to hook into more places in the Apache framework;
specifically to hook into other modules.

We've already been discussing specific-module hooks for

  mod_ssl - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-94

  mod_include - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-104

In fact there's a bit of potentially useful discussion in the notes
for those JIRA issues which is valid for any module-hooking in general
(along with this mailing list archives).  I'd say it might be
worthwhile to at least create a new feature-request issue for mod_dav
hooks though; just so it's on the record.

BTW, even though it's not what you asked, it should be possible to
totally implement DAV using only the features already present in
mod_python (without mod_dav); but of course you're doing a lot of the
work yourself (but on the other hand you get to use Python rather than
C).
--
Deron Meranda