Jim Gallacher wrote ..
> >  It is because you probably have a prefork/worker MPM.
> >
> >> The test as written will only reliably work for winnt MPM.
> >

> > Doh! Prefork bites us in the a** yet again. :)
> >
> >> On UNIX boxes
> >> the subsequent requests could be handled by a different child process.
> >> The configuration as to how many servers to start is:
> >>
> >>             IfModule("prefork.c",
> >>                      StartServers("3"),
> >>                      MaxSpareServers("1")),
> >>             IfModule("worker.c",
> >>                      StartServers("2"),
> >>                      MaxClients("6"),
> >>                      MinSpareThreads("1"),
> >>                      MaxSpareThreads("1"),
> >>                      ThreadsPerChild("3"),
> >>                      MaxRequestsPerChild("0")),
> >>
> >> Does that make sense, or did I miss something.
> >

> > Yes, that makes sense. Testing it now.
>
> I can't seem to get the publisher_cache test to work for mpm-prefork,
> and I'm thinking it may not be possible to do so for the test as it's
> currently conceived. I don't see any way that we can guarantee that the
> same child process will serve each request in this test. Perhaps someone
> else can take a look before my head explodes.

Bar run httpd in single process mode, ie., -X / -DONE_PROCESS options,
am not sure how you could get close to a reliable test for all configurations.
I already figured it was too hard and why I suggested that the test simply be
removed, or at least be disabled for now until we have a better idea.

Graham