On 6 Jan 2005, at 00:49, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
The "new" solution is basically to go back to the Unix way of building an extension: link it against nothing and sort things out at runtime. Not my personal preference, but at least we know that loading an extension into one Python won't bring in a fresh copy of a different interpreter or anything horrible like that.

This sounds good, except that it only works on OS X 10.3, right? What about older versions?

10.3 or later. For older OSX releases (either because you build Python on 10.2 or earlier, or because you've set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to a value of 10.2 or less) we use the old behaviour of linking with "-framework Python".
--
Jack Jansen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack