https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1103689&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Here's a patch that gets rid of unbound methods, as
discussed here before. A function's __get__ method
now returns the function unchanged when called without
an instance, instead of returning an unbound method object.

I couldn't remove support for unbound methods
completely, since they were used by the built-in
exceptions. (We can get rid of that use once we convert
to new-style exceptions.)

For backward compatibility, functions now have
read-only im_self and im_func attributes; im_self is
always None, im_func is always the function itself.
(These should issue warnings, but I haven't added that
yet.)

The test suite passes. (I have only tried "make test"
on a Linux box.)

What do people think? (My main motivation for this, as stated before,
is that it adds complexity without much benefit.)