Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 08:18 AM 5/16/2005 +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>
>> Paul Moore wrote:
>> > Looping is definitely a wart. Looping may even be a real problem in
>> > some cases. There may be cases where an explicit try...finally remains
>> > better, simply to avoid an unwanted looping behaviour.
>>
>> I agree PEP 343 throws away too much that was good about PEP 340 -
>> that's why
>> I'm still updating PEP 3XX as the discussion continues.
>

> Could you please stop calling it PEP 3XX and go ahead and submit it as a
> real PEP?  Either that, or post its URL *every* time you mention it,
> because at this point I don't know where to go to read it, and the same
> applies for each new person to enter the discussion.  Thanks.

Sorry about that - I've been including the URL most of the time, but forgot on
this occasion:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ncoghlan/public/pep-3XX.html

Anyway, I think it's stable enough now that I can submit it to be put up on
www.python.org (I'll notify the PEP editors directly once I fix a couple of
errors in the current version - like the missing 'raise' in the statement
semantics. . .).

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia