On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 00:35, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> It's also a convenience issue, and has social aspects. For example,
> firstname.lastname does not work quite well for me, either
> (martin.v.loewis or martin.von.loewis would work better; likewise
> guido.van.rossum?), other users prefer not to use their "true"
> real name (e.g. tim_one vs. tim.peters).

Yep, we would use guido.van.rossum.  I think it would be fine for you to
use martin.v.loewis or martin.von.loewis, just as MAL could use
m.a.lemburg or marc.andre.lemberg.  Our general concern was people
hiding behind obscure nicknames like 'pumpichank' and no one really
knowing who's behind that <wink>.

> Another issue is password assignment - currently, users cannot choose
> their passwords on svn.python.org, right?

Correct, which I think is a feature. :)

> Then you could give different access to peps and to sandbox.
> Perhaps there isn't even a need for tags/branches on PEPs?

Probably so.

-Barry