Trent Mick wrote:
>>No. The PEP is only about Subversion. Why should we be looking at Per
>>Force? Only because Python is Open Source?
>

> Perforce offers free licensing to open source projects.

Ok, so I now got "it's mature", and "it would be without charges".
Given that it is now running against Subversion, I would be still
interested in advantages that it offers compared to svn.

The biggest disadvantage, to me, is that few people know how
to use it (myself included). I don't trust tools I've never used.

So for me, as the author of this PEP, usage of the revsion control
software is non-negotiable (selection of hoster, to a limited degree,
is). If you want to see Perforce used for the Python development,
you should write a counter-PEP, so we could let the BDFL decide.
[This is a theoretical "you" here, since you then explain that
you would still prefer to use subversion]

Regards,
Martin